Do your employees constantly complain about the unreliability of the technology they’re using? Does it seem like something – a printer, a computer, an app feature – is always broken? If so, you’re not alone in the end-user productivity challenges department.
According to a Gartner survey of 410 CEOs and business executives, 48 percent reported having daily technical performance issues and more than 80 percent has an IT failure repeat itself since the initial incident.
But nagging IT issues can be solved, and a good place to start is with your employees themselves. As your frontline, end-users experience those nagging IT headaches firsthand. They also probably have a good idea about what needs to happen to increase productivity and efficiency.
10 Questions to Ask for End-User Productivity Improvement
- Imagine you’re about to change IT companies. The new company will be able to fix ANY problem. Make a list of things that don’t work correctly or that the old IT company couldn’t get fixed.
- List the technology issues you’ve experienced in the last 30 days that took more than one attempt to fix.
- What frustrates you about the technology you interact with in your environment?
- What is a tool or ability you had in a previous environment (prior employment, non-profit board, etc.) you wish you had available here?
- What aspect(s) of the system in place today do you think to yourself “there must be a better way?”
- In the last 30 days, how many days has technology been FLAWLESS and not negatively impacted your productivity (even if only briefly)?
- If you could replace one piece of technology equipment in your environment, what would it be?
- If you could be guaranteed that ONE thing in your technology environment would NEVER break again, which thing would you choose?
- Have you ever had to work extra hours or had to take work home because a technology issue interfered in your day?
- What technology issue(s) are you tired of hearing people complain about?
Loss of productivity is costing you money so stop the madness and find out what is truly affecting your team’s performance. Having the right technology management partner will bring a night-and-day difference to your operations. Affordably grow your business using the most advanced software, networks and support.