Expanding Your Horizons:
10 Business-Changing 365 Features You Need to Know About
Although Microsoft’s Office 365 was released just 6 years ago, it has surpassed all other cloud-based applications and is now the most widely used enterprise cloud service by user count.
Despite its popularity, many O365 users have not expanded their horizons to fully take advantage of O365’s numerous features. Whether it’s a lack of recognition of the value of all O365 applications or not having the time to learn and implement the new software, many O365 users are missing out on time-saving, exciting features the program provides.
#ExpandYourHorizons with these business-changing 10 O365 capabilities:
- Document Co-Authoring – Gain productivity and complete last-minute presentation edits with this feature that allows two people to work on the same file at the same time – Word docs, Excel spreadsheets, even PowerPoint presentations.
- Microsoft Teams – Eliminate back-and-forth emails with topic-based, multiuser conversation threads. Combine Teams with OneNote and you can also collaborate on content without cluttering up your inbox.
- Email Policies – O365 offers many ways to protect users from phishing and ransomware. Policies can be set up to prevent people from clicking malicious links in phishing emails as well as functions to disable the send button when an email contains sensitive information such as a credit card number or social security number.
- Skype Meetings – Meeting via Skype is almost like meeting in person. Regardless of physical location, all attendees can be seen and heard, notes can be shared and edited, files can be attached and desktops can be shared. Attendees can even work on a common whiteboard.
- Data Access – When your work is stored in Office 365, you can see your data at your desk, at home, on a tablet or even on your phone – no matter where you are.
- Control Data – With O365, you have complete control of who has access to your data and what level of permissions they have to view, edit or share your information. You can even make data “expire” when content is no longer relevant or revoke access to others as needed.
- Offline Data Access – Many people think if you’re not connected to the internet, you can’t access your data from the cloud. Even if you’re offline, Office 365 allows you to access data. When you connect again, offline changes are automatically synced to the cloud.
- Enhanced Search Capabilities – The O365 app Delve allows you to search across all your Office 365 applications to find data, saving you from making time-consuming manual searches. Simply type a search term into Delve, and a search is instantly performed across all Office 365 services.
- Private Social Site – Create a private place for your company to post information, make comments and even “like” posts and comments. Follow posts, share photos or set up alerts to increase collaboration on internal projects, products and services. It’s like having your very own “Facebook” site.
- Project Management – Assign tasks, track progress and store all project details in “buckets” for collaborating team members. A single view of the team’s schedule and personal schedules allows you to bring everyone together to meet when needed.
You’re already paying for these functions – why are you just using Outlook and Word? #ExpandYourHorizons to take advantage of all O365 features with a hands-on Customer Immersion Experience (CIE) from itSynergy. Get in touch with us at 602-883-0020 or online.