Above all, we're looking for a culture fit. We're extremely honest, don't bring our egos to work, LOVE to laugh and have fun, enjoy the challenge of working together towards a common goal, are good at what we do, and deliver results. Sound like a place where you'd fit right in? We'd love to talk with you.
You might be the Systems Engineer we are looking for if...
- You strive to complete every help desk ticket that comes your way and are ready for the next challenge
- You have strong IT instincts informed by your general knowledge and troubleshooting experience, so you aren't afraid to get your hands dirty with technologies and applications you haven't seen before
- Ideas like following best-practices methodology, implementing business-class solutions, creating detailed documentation, and implementing robust backups aren't foreign or optional; you may have even realized your mindset on these ideas keeps you from "fitting in" in a lot of IT shops out there
- You are your own most important audience and biggest critic; you regularly go the extra mile to get things "just right", even when the user/client/boss may never notice
- Teamwork is more than just a buzzword; you can't imagine being successful at what you do without it
- You count your victories with customer service and clearly communicating complex technical concepts just as highly as your technical successes
- You are a consummate professional, so accountability for the quality, efficiency, and consistency of your work isn't just tolerated but welcomed
- You're a rising star with the ambition to take the next step toward additional responsibilities and future leadership opportunities
Requirements and Experience
- Strong written and verbal communication skills are a MUST
- Excellent organizational, time management, and time tracking skills
- Demonstrated attention to detailed, accurate documentation
- Professional appearance, reliable transportation and a clean driving record
- MSP EXPERIENCE A HUGE PLUS
Skills and Competencies
- Windows Server single and multi-site environments
- Microsoft Exchange Online (Office 365)
- Experience in virtualization technologies (Hyper-V, VMWare)
- Router/Firewall implementation, configuration and troubleshooting including VPN setup and VLAN routing. Supported brands include Cisco and SonicWall
- Experience with administration and maintenance of various flavors of Office 365, including cross-platform maintenance
- Experience with PowerShell preferred
- Network Security including diagnostics
- WAN and LAN design and maintenance
- Remote Desktop Server experience
- Understanding of RDS proxying and load-balancing design and implementation
- Ability to quickly learn and drive the implementation and maintenance of industry specific applications, client workflow software, CRM, accounting packages, practice management software, etc. utilizing 3rd party vendors
- Backup and recovery software deployment, maintenance and recovery
- RMM tools similar to Kaseya
- PSA tools similar to Connectwise
The Systems Engineer position reports to the Infrastructure Service Manager and the charter of the position is straightforward: to field incoming customer calls and requests, and resolve them to the customer’s satisfaction primarily remotely. Exceptional customer service skills are essential.
The successful candidate will function as the critical technical contact with customers — and be responsible for the proactive preventative maintenance of their equipment. Frequent positive interface with customers is essential. Additionally, the position requires frequent teamwork with Senior Systems Engineers both to collaborate on daily customer issues as well as to assist in the execution of large infrastructure migration projects. This individual will be expected to maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing professional publications, and participating in professional societies.